The Welcome to Medicare visit is a one-time appointment you can receive when you are new to Medicare. The goals of the visit are promoting general health and disease prevention.
During the course of your preventive visit, your provider should:
- Review your medical and social history
- Review your potential for depression and other mental health conditions
- Review your ability to function safely in the home and community
- Check your height, weight, blood pressure, body mass index (BMI), and vision
- Provide you with education, counseling, and referrals related to your risk factors and other health needs
- Give you a checklist or written plan with information about other preventive services you may need
YourMedicare.com takes pride in providing you as much information as possible concerning your Medicare options, but only a health insurance broker licensed to sell Medicare can help you compare your plan options from various insurance companies. When you’re ready, we recommend you discuss your needs with a YourMedicare.com Licensed Sales Agent.