Ask yourself the following questions before choosing a Medicare Advantage Plan:
- How much are the premium, deductible, and coinsurance/copay amounts?
- What is the annual maximum out-of-pocket cost for the plan? This amount may be high but can help protect you if you have expensive health care costs.
- What service area does the plan cover?
- Are my doctors and hospitals in the plan’s network?
- What are the rules I have to follow to access health care services and my drugs?
- Does the plan cover additional health care benefits that are not covered by Original Medicare? (see What Kind of Supplemental Benefits do Medicare Advantage Plans Offer?)
- How will this plan affect any additional coverage I may have?
- What is the plan’s star rating?
Medicare Advantage Plans usually include prescription drug coverage. You should also consider the questions listed in (When Choosing a Part D Prescription Drug Plan, What Are Some Things I Should Consider?) when choosing a Medicare Advantage Plan to make sure that the prescription drug coverage that the plan offers meets your needs.
YourMedicare.com takes pride in providing you as much information as possible concerning your Medicare options, but only a health insurance broker licensed to sell Medicare can help you compare your plan options from various insurance companies. When you’re ready, we recommend you discuss your needs with a YourMedicare.com Licensed Sales Agent.
This content was created and copyrighted by the Medicare Rights Center ©2021. Medicare Rights Center is a national, nonprofit consumer service organization that works to ensure access to affordable health care for older adults and people with disabilities. These materials are presented here with support from YourMedicare.com and may not be distributed, modified or edited without Medicare Rights’ consent.